Allen Haines, son of Jonathan Haines and wife Sarah Sharp, was born 29 Sep 1791 in Virginia; and died in 1861. He was married 2 Jan 1817 in Champaign Co OH (Vol. A, p. 60) by John Warner JP to Sarah Ballinger, daughter of Joshua Ballinger and wife Sarah Jones, who was born 3 Jun 1800 (elsewhere 1799) in Burlington Co NJ; and died 11 Nov 1856. Both were buried in the Haines Cemetery southwest of North Lewisburg on their farm, but the stones were later removed to Black Cemetery. Allen Haines was an early Wayne Twp officer in Champaign Co. A county history credits Allen Haines with War of 1812 service, but his name does not appear in the Roster of Ohio Soldiers. He made a will 3 Aug 1859 which was filed for probate 5 Jul 1861 in Champaign Co OH.
- Joshua, b. 17 Oct 1817 North Lewisburg OH; m. 23 Mar 1837 Mary Wells (Vol. C, p. 278)
- Jonathan, b. 1819; m. 15 Mar 1840 Mary Jane Sprague (Vol. C, p. 397)
- Henry, b. ca. 1820 (possibly a twin); d. 11 Dec 1822; bur. Maple Grove Cem., near North Lewisburg OH
- Phoebe S., b. 9 Nov 1820; d. 5 Oct 1823; bur. Maple Grove Cem., near North Lewisburg OH
- Sarah, b. 16 Nov 1823; m. 22 Feb 1843 Danford or Daniel Holt (Vol. D, p. 107)
- Elizabeth, b. 23 Jun 1826; d. 28 Aug 1826; bur. Maple Grove Cem.
- Caleb, b. 20 Jun 1827; d. 24 Apr 1859; bur. Haines Cem.
- Rebecca, b. 25 May 1829; m. 23 Nov 1848 to James M. Foster
- James D., b. 2 Apr 1832; m(1) 27 Dec 1860 Union Co OH to Keziah Stamets; m(2) 23 Nov 1863 Union Co to Rhoda Speck; m(3) Mar 1877 to Elizabeth (Stalder) Martin
- Harvey Minuh, b. 12 Mar 1833; m(1) 5 Oct 1857 Union Co OH to Elmira W. Sprague; m(2) Rebecca Jane Harriman
- Hope, b.1835 Champaign Co OH; m. 19 Jan 1862 Union Co OH to Harrison Sedgwick Stamates/Stamets
- Thomas A., b. 10 Mar 1838; d. 7 Oct 1839; bur. Haines Cem., Champaign Co
- Rachel A., b. 14 Nov 1840; d. 10 Oct 1841; bur. Haines Cem., Champaign Co
- Fletcher B., b. 18 Dec 1842; d. 6 Jul 1846; bur. Haines Cem., Champaign Co
BACK TO THE BARBARA BUSH TABLE
SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO: