ROBERT EMMET SHELDON
Robert Emmet Sheldon, son of Thomas H. Sheldon and wife Martha Uncles, was born 1 Jun 1845 in Tiffin, Seneca Co OH, and died 21 Jan 1917 at 683 East Broad St., Columbus, Franklin Co OH of pulmonary oedema; burial in Greenlawn Cemetery, Columbus OH. He was married 24 Feb 1869 in Columbus OH to Mary Elizabeth Butler, daughter of Courtland Philip Livingston Butler and wife Elizabeth Slade Pierce, who was born 15 Jul 1850 in Columbus OH and died 16 Jan 1897 in Columbus OH, of heart failure. She is also buried in the Robert E. Sheldon Lot (#35, Section 43) in Greenlawn Cemetery. There is a Sarah (Field) Sheldon, b. 24 Jun 1862 Columbus, d. 27 Nov 1941 Columbus, on the Robert E. Sheldon lot in Greenlawn Cemetery. The "relation to lot owner" line is marked "widow". The 1910 census for Columbus [Enumeration District 62, p. 56] lists Robert E. Sheldon, age 63, with wife, Sarah F., age 47.
- Ralph, b. 23 Jun 1870 Columbus OH; d. 26 Jul 1897 Columbus, of muscular rheumatism
- Flora, b. 17 Mar 1872 Columbus OH; m. Samuel Prescott Bush
- Harriett, b. 26 Dec 1875 Columbus OH; d. 16 Mar 1942 Columbus, of heart block
- Mrs.Carl J. Hoster
- Robert E., b. 12 Apr 1883 Columbus OH; d. 18 Apr 1917 Lexington KY, of nephritis.
- Thomas Henry, b. 12 Jan 1888 Columbus OH; d. 14 Aug 1951 Columbus; ‘cremains' at Greenlawn
BACK TO THE BUSH TABLE
SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO: