JOHN WELCH ROBINSON SR.
John Welch Robinson Sr, son of James Robinson and wife Mary Welch, was born 11 Feb 1803 in Washington Co PA, and died 16 May 1853 in Union Co OH. He was married 28 Aug 1823 in Union Co OH by James Robinson V.D.M. to Elizabeth Mitchell, daughter of David Mitchell and wife Martha Black, who was born ca. 28 May 1803 in Union Co OH, and died 18 Sep 1872 in Union Co OH. Church records for the Associate Congregation (Presbyterian) of Darby in the late 1820's up to 1848 relate several incidents of intoxication and swearing by a John Robinson. It is unknown if this is our man. In May 1845, it was reported that John Robinson had been intoxicated at a political meeting, and again in May, 1848, when he was suspended. He promised to "leave liquor alone." The 1840 census of Darby Twp., Union Co., p. 48, lists J.W. Robinson with 7 males and 2 females under 20. In 1850, the family resided in Darby Twp., p. 123. John W. "Robison" was listed as a farmer, with $5664 in real estate. The Marysville Tribune, 18 May 1853, states that John W. Robinson, Esq., "died at his residence on Monday last, of typhoid fever. Mr. Robinson was very highly esteemed ...." Elizabeth Robinson, widow of John W. Robinson, late of Darby Twp., declined administration 25 Jun 1853 of her husband's estate, yielding to her son, James W. Robinson, an attorney.
- David M., b. ca. 1824 Darby Twp., Union Co OH
- Matthew H., b. ca. Dec 1827 Darby Twp., Union Co OH; d. 17 Sep 1844 Darby Twp.
- James W.; m. 8 Feb 1855 Mary J. Cassil
- John Welch Jr., b. 11 Jan 1831 Darby Twp., Union Co OH
- Aaron B., b. 10 Nov 1833 Darby Twp., Union Co OH
- Robert, b. ca. 1836 Darby Twp., Union Co OH
- Joseph R., b. ca. Oct 1838 Darby Twp., Union Co OH; d. 12 Mar 1857 Darby Twp.
- Martha, b. ca. 1843 Darby Twp., Union Co OH
- Mary E., b. ca. 31 Aug 1845 Darby Twp., Union Co OH; d. 25 Oct 1851 Darby Twp.
- Emily J., b. ca. 1848 Darby Twp., Union Co OH
BACK TO THE BARBARA BUSH TABLE
SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO: